Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Another Year Older

WOOHOO, they say it's my birthday, na na na na na na na na gonna have a gooooood time. Well, anyway, here it is. I am in a better mood than I was last night. Maybe the morning sex has something to with it, but I do feel pretty alive today. Still keeping this day pretty low key though. No dive trips planned, no rodeos to compete in, no big parties. Though I may go out with some friends and try shakin my booty a little tonight! Since K and I have our birthday's 10 days apart, we are getting together with some family and friends on Wednesday for dinner.

So why is it that so many of us have such a hard time with turning older? Our culture seems to be forever obsessed with age and beauty. The young, buff and beautiful. Sounds like a fucked up soap opera. So many guys still are still trying to be 25 though they are 20 years older than that. They hit the club scene every weekend, obsessed with the gym and keeping up appearances. I am bound and determined to not be like so many before me dreading every new wrinkle, aches, or grey hair. It has amazed me how many people have told me this week that this decade is the best one they have so far. As Michael said, there are just no more worries at this age. No more being concerned what others think; no more trying to keep up, just living to have fun and fuck everyone else. With age and experience comes confidence. So, let's hope they are right. I've never really been the twink type anyway, so I think I may fit in ok. Of course, after a few rounds tonight, I may be acting like one! Aw fuck it anyway! So if your out and about tonight, have a round on me!! Cheers all!

link | posted by Slyder at 3:08 PM

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page