Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just a way for me to rant and rave a bit as things happen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado

Just one of billions of lifeforms on this little blue planet.

Previous Posts

Archive

Cool Blogs

Podcasts

PodcastJune 2006

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Friday, December 09, 2005

Friday Rambles

So I am coming out of Best Buy (geek boy heaven) and pass this nice looking couple speaking Russian. The first thing that goes through my mind, "Speak English, damn it!" "This is fucking America your living in you commie bastards!" I mean I even may have muttered it out loud. I actually started laughing on the way back to my truck. Not at them but of my reaction. I don't even know these people, let alone their political beliefs. What exactly is wrong with people coming here and speaking their native tongue? We don't have a large Russian population here by any means. We have more Hispanic more than any other group. I see Hispanic people speaking Spanish all the time and I don't react like this. The reason? Simple, I couldn't understand them. Though not fluent, I know Spanish. But not Russian. Even so, is this a reason to lash out? Well yes Mary Ellen, it is. You see ever since I have been small, I have always summed people up when I first hear them speak. (It has to do with this one little rebel brain cell I have. But enough about that.) As I grew older I learned to also pay attention to what is being said. I will create their entire life history in my mind based on 30 seconds of conversation. This life history will then go and be cross-checked against my "Do I want to be around you" meter. If I can't understand what they are saying, then I simply have no use for the person. Evil, possibly, but hardly malicious. Besides, I cannot believe I am the only one around that does this. Everyone judges others to some degree. That is God's intention. Just ask the evangelical Christians. Ok, enough of that... Onward people...so little to do and so much time.

I can't believe it is already Friday. I've been on vacation this week and it has just flown by. This was one of those, "use it or lose it" vacations. Kind of last minute so we didn't have anything planned. In fact, I didn't do anything of interest all week. LOL. I slept, played X-Box, and played with the dog. I still am not use to having time off while K works. I was good to rest and get away from work for a while though. Johnny boy is coming in to stay with us this weekend so that will liven things up a bit. T will be over tonight too to hang out. Triskal wants to hang with us tomorrow too. It will be cool to have the whole group back together. I should be home cleaning like a good boy, but still in my lazy mode I am sitting here at the java shack. Think I was just getting a little stir crazy. It's all good though. Figure I'll have to clean again once everyone leaves, so why do it twice? LOL! I have gotten so lazy. We really do need a houseboy! One last note, two months left till Hawaii!!! I can't fucking wait! I am sick of this cold fricken weather. I can almost taste those Hula's Mai Tais!

link | posted by Slyder at 3:46 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger joey commented at 12/20/2005 03:53:00 PM~  

Dear god please let it be summer soon! Or at least let me be kidnapped by a rich man and whisked away somewhere tropical!

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page