Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, October 07, 2005

Finally Friday!!

This is just one of those Fridays where I just don't feel like being at work. I've been here for 2 hours and have accomplished absolutely nothing but getting some good surfing time in. LOL! I think I am just tired. Stopped by the Doc's office this morning to find out why I have been getting headaches for the last couple of weeks. Tension. LOL, well I did know I was under a whole lot of stress. I love my Doc! His advice, "Go get a massage and relax!" That and a script for a muscle relaxer. But since I hate taking medication, I am going to pass on that for now. But at least I know what is causing it and reassurance they were not an indication that migraines might be coming back. Those just suck!

So since I have been here at work, I have had no motivation at all. Zero. So I spent some timesurfing my old frat's website. I can't believe how long ago that was. I wasn't out in college. But still had some fantastic times back then. Part of me really misses school. Things were a lot different back then. No stress. I was never the type that had to study a lot. Usually just crammed the night before a test and that was it. Spent most of my time out of school flying airplanes (I am a licensed pilot), riding broncs (grew up rodeoing) and way too much time partying with my frat brothers. I graduated with my bachelor's in Aviation Mgmt and Human Resource Mgmt. When I finally went back to do some post grad work, I ventured off into Industrial Engineering which is the field I am still in. How many times have we looked back at the paths we have chosen and wondered where we would be if we had taken a different fork in the road. All in all I am pretty happy with the route I took. I come from an airline family and have gone through two bankruptcies. Not the best industry to be in right now. The pay is still very good for pilots. I mainly chose engineering because the starting pay with the airlines just sucks. I had a large student loan to pay off and simply couldn't live on the low amounts they were paying new hires. Though my work now tends to get stressful at times, I don't have to travel near as much and I get paid pretty comparable to what I would be getting paid had I chose to stay in the cockpit (I still love that word. Wonder why?). And, since I keep up my proficiency, anytime I get the urge to go cloud punching, I can still do that.

Well, I guess I should try to get SOMETHING accomplished here today so that's it for now.

link | posted by Slyder at 11:02 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle commented at 10/07/2005 11:13:00 AM~  

Hey, I hit the little tag at the top of my blog that said "next blog" and found yours. Thought I'd say HI! Enjoy your much needed weekend. :)

Blogger Lori commented at 10/08/2005 08:12:00 PM~  

Aren't weekends wonderful? But I'm not sure who came up with the idea to only make them two-days long!

It was nice to read your post about college and aviation as it gives a quick perspective into your life. How fortunate you are to still be able to fly when you like!

Sometimes we do what we feel like we have to do instead of what we'd LIKE to do. But the attitude about it all is what truly makes up our lives.

Have a great two days!

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page