Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just a way for me to rant and rave a bit as things happen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado

Just one of billions of lifeforms on this little blue planet.

Previous Posts

Archive

Cool Blogs

Podcasts

PodcastJune 2006

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Weekend's End

Another weekend has come and gone. Actually wraps up a bad week. Work was nothing but stress and then Thursday I get a call from my mom that my grandma is being rushed to the hospital. She was going in and out of consciousness and was not holding food down. After a battery of tests not much was found. They think she might possibly have had a minor stroke, but they can't find evidence of one from either a cat scan or MRI. She is doing better today though and looks as though she may return home Tuesday or Wednesday.

It has been another trauma for my mom. Last November she lost her younger brother to cancer. She still hasn't gotten over that loss. Now her mom gets ill. I worry about her and wish I were closer to my grandma to help out. She lives in Phoenix but we may be moving her out to Colorado soon. That way I will be able to help out more if something happens again.

Between all of that and trying to get somewhat caught up with some work (which I just never quite felt all that motivated to do), this weekend wasn't all that great. Now for another fun filled week of stress at work. The only bright spot was looking at some vacation stuff with K. We are planning to head back to Hawaii this February and this time some of our friends are actually committing to go with us. That should be a good time if we can work it all out and get some good rates. I love to plan vacations so that gave me a little diversion this weekend. It's really kind of weird having K back at work. Weird in that he is working on my days off, so I kind of find myself at a loss of what to do. When he was off work, I really use to some alone time. I mean, since he wasn't working he was home all the time so there wasn't really any time that I could just kick back and have the place to myself for a while. Now for the past few weeks, he has been working on my days off and I find myself getting bored. LOL! I think I need to find a hobby. Better yet, get my ass off the couch and hit the gym. The beach is only a few months away!

link | posted by Slyder at 9:57 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Slyder commented at 10/05/2005 09:44:00 PM~  

Thanks Brian!

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page