Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just a way for me to rant and rave a bit as things happen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado

Just one of billions of lifeforms on this little blue planet.

Previous Posts

Archive

Cool Blogs

Podcasts

PodcastJune 2006

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Yay summer!

Summertime! Finally! After a rather bleak and depressing winter, I can't even express how happy I am that the warm weather is back! Shorts, flip flops, not having to wear shirts, volleyball in the park, and those oh so fun hot, sweaty beer busts! Ahhhhh.. I say it every year; I am going to take more time to enjoy the summer. Ever since I have been in my current job, summertime just seems to slip away. Projects, work travel, things just seem to pop up and prevent me from taking holiday. But more so than not, they are within my control to not let that happen. So this time I have time off already scheduled. Now let's just hope the task master doesn't postpone it.

So it has been a while since I've blogged. Did the annual pilgrimage to Hawaii the first week of March for our anniversary. Wow 8 years now. Hard to believe. I like going to the islands at the end of February or early March. Not only is it a great break from the snow, but the weather seems to be better than going a month later. True to form, we had perfect days, hardly a cloud in the sky and perfect temps. Spent ten days there this year so we could have more time to enjoy things without being rushed. Two days into the trip I started feeling sick. A couple days later I was running a fever and coughing up a lung. Then K comes down with it. So here we are in paradise and end up spending half the trip in the hotel room. I think it is the first trip where I have actually gotten my money's worth from the room! We did force ourselves out a few times to hit the beach and do some hiking. Also swam with dolphins this trip! That was absolutely incredible. Once back home I had to endure everyone telling me that if I had to get sick, Hawaii is not a bad place to be. Wrong you morons! I would rather be at home in the comfort of my own bed, then to have to look out the window at everyone enjoying paradise while I was too weak to move. It's all good though and there is always next year and of course the summertime to play!

Got the old roomie coming back to town for a visit in a few weeks for pride. That will be fun. Nothing like getting all the boys together again for a blow out weekend. I think everyone is ready to cut loose for a bit. Actually got my butt out of the house to meet some friends out dancing and
to celebrate a birthday last night. Can't remember the last time I got out to a club. Shit am I getting that old? Well doing the domestic thing we just don't get out like we use to so it was fun. Forgot about hangovers though.ugh. Got to get that tolerance up for the season! God help my liver!

Ok onto the store and laundry, fun shit. Until later..peace.

link | posted by Slyder at 7:01 PM

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page