Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just a way for me to rant and rave a bit as things happen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado

Just one of billions of lifeforms on this little blue planet.

Previous Posts

Archive

Cool Blogs

Podcasts

PodcastJune 2006

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy 2008

Wow, it is hard to believe that another year has come and gone. Another year for me of trying to be better at keeping this blog current. I think I said that last year, LOL, well obviously THAT didn't happen! The past year has been more difficult than most, mainly the second half of the year. When I find myself going through strong personal or emotional issues, I tend to blog less and journal more. Sometimes one's struggles are best kept private. I guess I should clarify some. Nothing really horrible, just some of life's trials and tribulations. They just seemed to all come at once and that sucks. I had some personal issues that needed to be addressed and things look to be finally getting back on track. And yes, all is well with K and I. One thing I would like to figure out is that when I have so called bad years, why does it usually happen in the second half of the year? I'm starting to become season-phobic. But all and all this wasn't the worse one. I think that was 2005. Yep, it was 2005. That October fucking sucked. But now we are entering a brand new year abd things are shiny and new. I always see the light at the end of the tunnel, sometimes though I misjudge the distance.

And now for a little catch up (unless your more the mustard type). On top of a few issues I was dealing with, last month a unit 2 floors below our condo started having water damage to the ceiling. So both us and the unit below had to call out a plumber to have our bathrooms checked for leaks and reseal our shower drain. Not a cheap little visit. Two weeks later, the leak starts again and now the unit below me is getting water damage to walls and their carpet. So now I'm pissed. Already out the money for the first visit, it now looks like I will have to call another plumber out and have to cover damage to the two lower units. Ugh...

Just when you feel your head starting to creep beneath the manure that life is burying you in, sometimes fate can hand you a shovel. Upon further inspection (actually 4 days worth and ripping out the bathroom wall in the unit below me), it turns out the leak was coming from a bad pipe behind their wall. Woohoo! Finally something good. Still out $400 for the initial plumber visit, I won't complain.

What else, hmmm...I guess everything else is good. The roomie is back from his winter vacation to sunny Florida. Lucky bastard, and I guess I am glad you didn't get eaten by the shark I hoping would find you while we were freezing our ass off back home. I'm sure he will be hoping that on me when my butt is planted on in Waikiki next month.

Ok, thats it for the update. Let see if I can keep things more current on here. I have a lot of shit I want to blog about this year. Hope time permits it. Until then...Stay warm boys and girls. Laterzzzzzz

link | posted by Slyder at 7:21 PM

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page