Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just a way for me to rant and rave a bit as things happen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado

Just one of billions of lifeforms on this little blue planet.

Previous Posts

Archive

Cool Blogs

Podcasts

PodcastJune 2006

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Saturday, December 31, 2005

To The New Year Ahead

Wow, another year has come and gone. It amazes me how fast time is going by the older I get. Why is it when your small, time does nothing but crawl; but when your older, and you really WANT time, it flies by?

As corny as it sounds, I always take some time on the last day of the year to reflect on my previous year. What I am thankful for, what I accomplished, what I didn't and where I need to improve. Started doing that in Junior High and for some reason it always stuck. Funny when I think about the process though, what exactly do I do with the information? Not much, I store it in my brain with all good intentions for improvement. Yet I do it. In a way though, it allows me to cleanse for the New Year. A way of making sure I remain grateful for the good that has happened. So for the first time, I am going to share part of this.

  • I am grateful that I had the opportunity to basically begin the year off in Hawaii. K and I went out for a week and even had my Mom with us for a couple of days. I had the best time. One day in particular we spent, just the two of us on the beach. Perfect weather, perfect sea, perfect company, perfect day. This song always reminds me of that day.
  • I am grateful that my family and friends remained healthy this year. After my own health drama this year, this holds a lot of importance to me.
  • Grateful that I hold a good job that has decent health insurance. Also grateful that it is a job I enjoy and we have once again been spared from downsizing.
  • Most importantly, I am grateful I have someone to share my life with and loves me.
I am not one really for New Year's resolutions. I don't believe that it is necessary to have to wait until the New Year to assign yourself goals that are unachievable. Rather I just hope for improvement on current goals I have for myself.
  • To be more optimistic
  • To continue eating better and exercise more regularly.
  • To appreciate the small things and to always be grateful for the good things, not just at the end of the year.
  • To better understand that when the bad happens, that there is always good that come from it if we take the time to look for it and learn.
  • Get more rest.
  • To quit my bitching about things that bug me. I am far too judgmental of a person and I know it. This needs work.
  • I hope to not worry about things as much and spend more time living life.
Now I know, those sound like lofty goals that many strive for each year. Perhaps, but they are mine that I realized I truly needed to do this year. I still have a long way to go, so I only hope to come closer to them in the future. This is part of me trying to be more optimistic. I have been in a slump since I got sick and this needs to change. I am alive and for that I am truly grateful.

Here is to everyone; hoping you all have a wonderful, safe New Year's and the hope that you all find better days.

Peace.

link | posted by Slyder at 4:10 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger No Milk Please commented at 1/05/2006 12:18:00 PM~  

i think that sometimes we all need to just take a look back on our year and see all our accomplishments. happy new year...

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page