Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just a way for me to rant and rave a bit as things happen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado

Just one of billions of lifeforms on this little blue planet.

Previous Posts

Archive

Cool Blogs

Podcasts

PodcastJune 2006

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Bored Out Of My Mind

Ok, so I'm having one of those days. I just cannot get myself motivated. Not that I have nothing to do mind you. I just have no desire to be here. It could be the post Christmas blues, the fact it is beautiful outside and I am stuck in a windowless office, or the fact that I am the only one of my group not on vacation this week. Whatever the cause, this day is taking forever.

More and more I want a change. Not so much a job change, but more of a location change. I miss the ocean. Odd statement for a guy that grew up in the Rockies. I spent some time living right by the beach after college and I guess I never really got over that. I do love the mountains though, but there is just something about the tropics that I love. Florida or Hawaii would be the best. Not to dis Cali, but I really do prefer warm water. I actually found myself job surfing for a bit, daydreaming of a big move.

I think more of this has to do with the shitty few months I've had lately more than anything else. Being sick and then having a total lack of money has pushed me into my happy place. It's my coping mechanism. I'm trying to get excited about the Hawaii trip coming up but also longing for it to be a permanent move rather than just a temporary escape. I've already begun thinking about how in the hell I can justify this trip financially. Ugh... I need to get out of this slump.

The trip itself will be a blast. K and I are going with a few friends this time that will make it all the more special. Hard to believe it is only a few weeks away. Arranging this whole little adventure has been hard. We still haven't made our hotel selection yet. Getting everyone together to decide these things isn't easy. More than likely K and I will make the plans and then just let everyone pitch in. That won't be too bad since we will end up picking what we like. Having gone the past few years we have some good ideas of where we want to stay. The whole catch to this thing is that everyone is flying down on passes and that means "stand by". Usually the flights are pretty booked but the past couple of years we went, they have been wide open. So far, they still are. But they can fill up at the last minute. We will get there, I just hope it works for when we have the hotel reserved. I've never gone stand-by before with more than just the two of us. But I am optimistic it will all work out.

link | posted by Slyder at 4:50 PM

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page