Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just a way for me to rant and rave a bit as things happen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado

Just one of billions of lifeforms on this little blue planet.

Previous Posts

Archive

Cool Blogs

Podcasts

PodcastJune 2006

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Monday, July 11, 2005

Ahh -- Hurricane season is here!

Hurricane season is here. For those that know me, you understand how obsessed I get with watching hurricane coverage. I also have a very dry sense and warped sense of humor. Last year it was like every weekend there was a new one to watch. Some people watch football. I watch hurricane coverage. This weekend was Dennis and for once it hit during the day. Didn't have to stay up all night watching it. For some reason I have this morbid fascination with these storms. Might be due to my time spent living on the Florida coast. When I was really, yes REALLY young, we use to drive down to Florida to visit my great-grandparents. My folks use to always take pictures of the drive down there. We have picks of the trip before Camille in 69 and the year after. They always fascinated me. They call tornados the finger of god. Hurricanes are his fist. One of my earliest memories is stopping at a gas station in Alabama a few months after Camille and thinking how strange it looked. There was nothing there but the pumps. The hydraulic lifts they used to fix cars were still there and they were doing work on cars. No walls! Just out there in the open air! So anyway, once again I planted my butt on the couch and watched Anderson Cooper from CNN almost get wiped out by a flying Ramada sign. I love watching those guys dodge debris and hanging onto trees to keep from getting blown away. Makes me laugh. I don't feel bad; I figure it is their choice to be out in that stuff. I should try to remember that they do that to give info to the people being affected and not just for my own amusement. Don't get me wrong, I do feel bad for those people that lose their homes, loved ones and livelihoods from those monster storms. But to see reporters running from debris, screaming in terror and generally just getting beat to shit by wind and rain makes me laugh.

I'm a sick fuck. Lol!

link | posted by Slyder at 12:46 PM

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page