Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just a way for me to rant and rave a bit as things happen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado

Just one of billions of lifeforms on this little blue planet.

Previous Posts

Archive

Cool Blogs

Podcasts

PodcastJune 2006

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow


Who ever wrote that song should be shot. We have now had 7 straight weeks of snow. Storm after storm keeps paying us a visit rewarding us with several more inches each time. I'm over it. The last couple of storms have dropped anywhere from 1 to 4 or 5 inches. Really this isn't too bad compared to the first two that left a couple feet each go around. The weekly snow storms coupled with temps that refuse to ever rise above 40, just means that it keeps piling up. We finally got down to pavement on the streets, but once again it's gone. I still am cursing myself for our deciding to postpone our yearly Hawaii visit. Ugh. So instead I have become a travel channel addict. Right now I'm watching a show on cruises.

Work continues to plug along. I have been fortunate that lately most of the storms have come on the weekend, so I can just stay in and stay warm. Today was an exception. A 15 minute drive home took an extra hour thanks to the superb conditions of our roads. Funny, now that I think about it, for the last couple of storms, they haven't even bothered to spray the roads with Mag Chloride. I guess they are just giving up trying to stay ahead of these things. K hasn't been so fortunate. Having days off during the week, means driving to and from work in the snow. Glad we have the new car.

I think the whole city is getting a bit of cabin fever. Driving home today the weather guy said that finally a 70 degree day would be in our future! When you ask? Sometime in May...maybe!

link | posted by Slyder at 9:07 PM

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page